Contact Lens Clinic
Contact lens department at Trinity is well equipped to cater the requirement of all types of patients. We provide basic and various specialty contact lens including Toric soft contact lenses, Custom made lenses, Cosmetic (color contact lenses), which enables one to change the eye color we also provide daily disposable /monthly disposable/yearly disposable contact lenses.
Contact lenses are the smallest, least visible, the finest of all devices for correcting refractive errors of the eye. Prescribing and fitting contact lenses have become an integral part of today’s comprehensive ophthalmology practice. A majority of people use contact lenses for cosmetic purposes. Other reasons for wearing contact lenses include occupational preferences, sports and therapeutic use.
Advantages of contact lenses
There are several advantages of contact lenses and they are:
- Fewer magnification effects
- Decreased peripheral and chromatic aberrations
- Increase decrease in aniseikonia and anisometropia
- Good cosmetic appearance
- Permits better correction for refractive errors that occur with keratoconus and irregular astigmatism
- Safer for athletes and other sports people
- Opitcal: Myopia, hypermetropia, astigmatism, presbyopia, aphakia, post keratoplasty, keratoconus
- Orthoptic uses: Anisekonia, anisometropia, amblyopia (occulation)
- Special uses: Albinism, aniridia, nystagmus with refractive error, coloboma, symblepharon
- Therapeutic uses: Bullous keratopathy, cornealulcers
- Prosthetic uses: Pthisical eye, corneal opacity, leukoma and corneal scars
- Surgical uses: Corneal protection after surgery
There are several contraindications:
- Dry eyes, lid problems such as active blepharitis, stye, chalazion, entropion
- Acute and chronic conjunctivitis, corneal abrasions, hyphema, fifth cranial nerve paralysis, hypopyon uveitis and iritis
- Allergies, uncontrolled diabetes, pregnancy period and pterygium
Types of lenses available are:
Caring for your contact lenses & your eyes,
- Soft contact lens: Flexible contact lens which fits properly in cornea, comfortable for wearing, adaptation time is less when compared with other types
- Types of Soft Contact Lens available here are – daily, monthly and yearly disposables
- Toric Soft Contact Lens are also available.
- Cosmetic Contact Lens : It improves the appearance of face ( Color Contact Lens) by giving color to eyes
- Bandage Contact Lens: it act as bandage in eyes, and help to cure wound, relive pain and help in fast healing.
- Prosthetic Contact Lens: It is used to improve appearance of disfigured eyes (like corneal opacity)
- X-chrome lens: Contact Lens color vision problem
These steps will extend the life of your contact lens & protect the safety and health of your eyes.
- Before handling CL wash & rinse hands
- Dry hands with a clean towel
- Keep your finger nails short & smooth
- Use make up only after putting the CL
- Never use tap water directly as lenses
- Cleanthe contact lenses before putting the lens as well as after removing the CL
- Change the solution in the contact lens care daily
- If any irritation occurs, stop using CL & consult your ophthalmologist.